JOB TITLE: Operations Manager, SIGA
Department: Operations Responsible to: SIGA Coordinator and Operational Team
Fixed Term: 6 months initial period. There is the possibility of the role becoming permanent thereafter.
Full or Part Time: The role could be full or part-time, in the entire discretion of SIGA, depending on the successful candidate’s prior experience and preferred working pattern and availability.
Salary: £4,000.00 to £5,000.00 per month
The Sport Integrity Global Alliance (SIGA) is the only organisation to bring together sport, governments, academia, international organisations, sponsors, business, rights holders, NGOs and professional services companies, from every region in the world, around a common cause of fostering integrity throughout sport.
SIGA works towards a vision of sport played and governed under the highest integrity standards, free from any form of unethical, illicit and criminal activity, to safeguard sports values and ensure its positive impact and benefits to all citizens.
The mission of SIGA is to provide global leadership, promote good governance and safeguard the integrity of sport through a set of universal standards operated by an independent, neutral and global body.
To this end, SIGA has developed a wide-ranging set of Universal Standards to help usher improvements to governance in sporting organisations and protect the integrity of sport. The Universal Standards focus on three core strategic areas; Good Governance, Financial Integrity & Sports Betting Integrity.
For further information on SIGA, including details of the Constitution, Founding Members, Supporters and recent news, please refer to the SIGA website www.siga-sport.com
To manage the operations of SIGA, supporting the current SIGA Coordinator and, should the role continue beyond the initial period, the CEO when appointed. In return for hard work and dedication, SIGA offers career opportunities at the highest levels of international sport and a dynamic environment in which highly talented people can succeed and thrive. Opportunities to work on exciting initiatives and projects which may require some travel.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS
The Operations Manager of SIGA will be expected to undertake the following assignments:
• assist the current Coordinator of SIGA in meeting SIGA’s objectives as far as administration, logistics and operations of events; and
• assist the current Coordinator of SIGA in his/her day to day activities by providing support, guidance and operational management of administration, HR and finance; and
• ensure an adequate coordination of activities and develop outreach strategies and participate in senior management meetings as appropriate, and assignments entrusted to them by the current Coordinator of SIGA; and
• create PowerPoint presentations, letters, minutes and reports to a high standard; and
• manage the organisation of events hosted by SIGA including General Assemblies, Task Force meetings and various receptions; and
• liaising with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers, accountants and auditors; and
• promote and ensure best practice in relation to all administration, HR and finance matters in the UK or any other locations, in Europe and beyond, as required for the proper performance and exercise of their duties and the objectives of the SIGA; and
• to fulfil such other roles as the current Coordinator of SIGA and other members of the operational team consider necessary to meet the SIGA’s objectives, including assisting in the management of existing partner relationships, identifying new partnership opportunities and conducting initial outreach to help SIGA performs its mission and continue its growth; and
• perform all other tasks and assignments entrusted to them by the current Coordinator of SIGA; and
• Provide briefings for senior executives outlining industry issues and research and write speeches as necessary.
• Excellent communication and written skills. Ability to work and relate with people from different backgrounds and cultures. Good management and organisational skills.
• Proficiency in MS office applications. Familiarity in managing and updating social media, using intranet systems and other information sharing tools. Capacity to work with popular software including Adobe suite.
• Ability to “hit the ground running”, with an enthusiastic, committed work-ethic, and with the ability to work as part of a small team.
• Ideally with the ability to start immediately or with short notice (the office where most work will be performed is in Knightsbridge in London).
• An established track record of working in a sports organisation and/or sports integrity
• An established track record of delivering world class events in the B2B or B2C space, conferences and exhibitions
• Experience in managing an event project team and working with internal stakeholders and external partners
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to flex as appropriate and build strong relationships
• Experience of developing and delivering new ideas and processes
• Cost management, forecasting and budgeting across multiple events and business plans
• Experience of organising events/press launches
• Experience in dealing with sensitive and controversial issues
• Good knowledge of sports institutional framework at international level and issues related to sports governance.
Please send expressions of interest to [email protected]