The sport sector is facing an unprecedented crisis of governance and integrity. This crisis affects the whole of sport and all those involved in the sector. To be able to pursue its positive role to the fullest, and restore its reputation and public trust, sport needs to embrace a new culture, where good governance, financial integrity, transparency, accountability and independent oversight are number one priorities. Enhanced cooperation and concerted action are the foundation upon which this new culture must be built.
In November 2015, 20 organisations came together to create an informal coalition to lead an international private-public partnership to tackle the numerous and urgent governance challenges facing sport. The group included sports bodies, governments, anti-corruption NGOs, inter-governmental organisations, and commercial partners. Over the past two years, the informal gathering has grown to more than 100 supporting organisations. Today SIGA is a worldwide, independent, neutral coalition, legally incorporated under Swiss law as a non-for-profit association, led by the sports industry and supported by key stakeholders.
SIGA works towards a vision of sport played and governed under the highest integrity standards, free from any form of unethical, illicit and criminal activity, to safeguard sports values and ensure its positive impact and benefits to all citizens.
The mission of SIGA is to provide global leadership, promote good governance and safeguard the integrity of sport through a set of universal standards operated by an independent, neutral and global body.
Benefits of SIGA Membership:
As a Member of SIGA, your organisation will be positioned at the forefront of addressing the most critical threats facing sport and will send out a clear message to the world of your commitment to ensuring the highest standards of good governance, financial integrity and accountability.
- SIGA Members benefit from association with an organisation which sets standards for ethical behaviour in the sports industry and monitors compliance through its Independent Rating System.
- SIGA encourages and supports best practices and the highest standards on Good Governance, Financial Integrity, Sports Betting Integrity and Youth Protection, delivering bespoke training, education and capacity building to its Members.
- SIGA’s Members form a community of trustworthy sports organisations and businesses to build stronger, more trusting relationships with sponsors, consumers, fans and financial institutions.
- SIGA delivers practical expert advice to assist sports organisations in obtaining the SIGA Bronze, Silver and Gold Standards.
- SIGA Members are invited to participate in the SIGA Sport Integrity Forum held twice a year, which brings together leaders from the world of sport, government, finance, global business and civil society. Members take an active role in addressing the most pressing governance and integrity issues facing the sports industry and contribute to finding the solutions which will benefit global sport.
- SIGA Membership provides excellent, exclusive networking opportunities with like-minded sports senior executives, decision-makers from diverse sectors and experts in the field of good governance, sports law and anti-corruption and global business.
- SIGA Members’ logos are displayed on the SIGA website and benefit from SIGA’s social media channels to circulate relevant information to other members and interested parties.
- SIGA Members have a voice and a vote in the organisations’ future and may propose and vote upon nominations for membership of the Council.
- SIGA Members benefit from exclusive, insightful information and knowledge exchange sessions through their active engagement in SIGA’s Standing Committees on Good Governance, Financial Integrity, Sports Betting Integrity, Youth Development and Protection and Sponsorship, Media and Sport Integrity, where they address common concerns and lead the way towards common solutions.
To become an official SIGA Member and be part of the industry’s positive transformation, or for any additional information, please contact SIGA at [email protected].